JGWentworth

resolved
Complaint on server issues

10 posts in this topic

What is the issue?

I've been a PR player for over 4 years and I've occasionally have been on Free Candy Van within that time period. I don't know if anyone really cares anymore but I've noticed that most admins disregard a lot of issues and punish players wrongfully without any sort of investigation. I know you might think "Hey you're a nobody, fuck off" but I feel like the PR community is slowly dying and new players are always being punished by admins and harassed constantly. I do more than enough evidence to prove my point, but I don't exactly want anyone to be punished for it. I know some of the admins have been around for quite a while but I'm just asking you guys to put in a little bit more of an effort with each issue in game and on the forums, people are complaining everytime I join FCV and a lot of opinions aren't voiced.

How should we fix it?

I think admins should stop worrying about their K/D and bragging about kills in all chat and start doing their jobs properly. It really isn't that difficult to admin a PR server, I've done it myself. Everytime I join FCV, people in my squad are just complaining about admins and the idiots in all chat. A lot of us have nowhere else to play but I have joined many friends in seeding for other servers and waiting upwards to 2-3 hours just to enjoy a game with a full server because playing in FCV is more of a tolerance thing than anything else. Many new players come from BD42s youtube channel and have literally no idea how to play, so when they do something stupid they get kicked/banned and never return. You guys need to enforce the rules from a different angle and start investigating issues rather than taking a players word for it. Again, I know people like to joke around and have fun in the servers but when the teams are stacked, people are just blatantly talking trash in all chat, and admins are constantly punishing players, it becomes a terrible experience to play on your server. It takes a long time to understand the mechanics of every single aspect of this game and people will eventually make a mistake, at times it's understandable to kick/ban that player but a lot of the time I see no justifications. My rant is finished, you can move/delete this if its in the wrong section.

Thanks,

Dave031

When did it happen?

Anything else?

So this is more a general report as opposed to a specific issue.

We are working on balancing issues, which we have a meeting about the 2nd of april. Hopefully that will ensure admins will work more on making the teams balanced as opposed to being focused on kills. That being said our idea of the allchat is to permit banter and general comments about current events. What do you think of that? And how exactly do you want the allchat to be used?

Posted (edited)

all chat needs a timing system implemented to not allow you to post several comments at once but one every 60 seconds

Edited by B/canada

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Slammed said:

wait why @B/canada

to keep people from spamming the comments

Edited by B/canada

you talking about in game or like in the forum home pagew

Isnt this the moderator and report teams job? @Slammed

@JGWentworth, I've read your report and during our meeting yesterday that was our main focal point at which we discussed some of the topics you brought up. Please know that we are aware of balancing issues and are working on ways to improve it on the server. I can say we came up with some ideas and talked about how in the future we should be more prepared to deal with it, so please allow a few weeks from now to pass and if you still notice this problem please let us know.

You also mentioned about some admins being too hasty and not investigating reports some of the time. I agree, admins should always investigate reports to the best of their ability, however the majority the time the reports are about things that are spur of the moment and cannot be confirmed or denied without BR or tracker footage. Ontop of that,  the time it takes to see what that person is doing along with the possibility of multiple other reports at the same time, thats too long and almost impossible to do. We cannot investigate every report, we do rely alot on people telling the truth in reports, however to combat false reporting, we issue the kick command rather then just banning. That way, worst case you have to rejoin the server, instead of appealing.  I'm not trying to justify that its ok to kick the wrong people, im saying that sometimes it happens and its unavoidable, but thats why we only use kicks. We can strive to be perfect in every aspect, however we will never achieve it.

As for your concern about admins worrying about their K/D. It's hard to base a claim off of "what he said, she said.". Now i'm not discrediting your complaint, but unless we got solid evidence, then im afraid its going to be hard to fix that problem, if we dont know who the cause is. Feel free to PM me with the evidence or even just names and they can go on a watch list and we can keep an eye on them, then if you still see the problem in the future, we can cross reference them with what we've seen and your names and fix that problem. 

@B/canada I'm not sure that we can do anything about that, I would just recommend reporting the offenders and if nothing gets done, visit us on discord and we can sort it out.

Thanks for your report, the thread will be open for three more days before being considered resolved, closed, and locked. So, if you have any other questions/concerns about this report you have till then to post about them.

13 hours ago, Slammed said:

you talking about in game or like in the forum home pagew

im talking about the in game chat being spammed by racial,degrading and unnecessary comments happens every single time im on especially the post-game chat where people are playing music or yelling racial slurs into the mic and nothing ever happens although today i had a kid come into my squad yell "get out all you n**gers" go on to teamkill two people and get banned for good thanks for that people like that are complete poison for the game

1 hour ago, Mattytoosack said:

@JGWentworth, I've read your report and during our meeting yesterday that was our main focal point at which we discussed some of the topics you brought up. Please know that we are aware of balancing issues and are working on ways to improve it on the server. I can say we came up with some ideas and talked about how in the future we should be more prepared to deal with it, so please allow a few weeks from now to pass and if you still notice this problem please let us know.

You also mentioned about some admins being too hasty and not investigating reports some of the time. I agree, admins should always investigate reports to the best of their ability, however the majority the time the reports are about things that are spur of the moment and cannot be confirmed or denied without BR or tracker footage. Ontop of that,  the time it takes to see what that person is doing along with the possibility of multiple other reports at the same time, thats too long and almost impossible to do. We cannot investigate every report, we do rely alot on people telling the truth in reports, however to combat false reporting, we issue the kick command rather then just banning. That way, worst case you have to rejoin the server, instead of appealing.  I'm not trying to justify that its ok to kick the wrong people, im saying that sometimes it happens and its unavoidable, but thats why we only use kicks. We can strive to be perfect in every aspect, however we will never achieve it.

As for your concern about admins worrying about their K/D. It's hard to base a claim off of "what he said, she said.". Now i'm not discrediting your complaint, but unless we got solid evidence, then im afraid its going to be hard to fix that problem, if we dont know who the cause is. Feel free to PM me with the evidence or even just names and they can go on a watch list and we can keep an eye on them, then if you still see the problem in the future, we can cross reference them with what we've seen and your names and fix that problem. 

@B/canada I'm not sure that we can do anything about that, I would just recommend reporting the offenders and if nothing gets done, visit us on discord and we can sort it out.

Thanks for your report, the thread will be open for three more days before being considered resolved, closed, and locked. So, if you have any other questions/concerns about this report you have till then to post about them.

im coming to a point where ill be visiting discord and stating my problems with the server soon or even applying for rights to admin myself thank you for your response