Ruffian

Cool new Forum

15 posts in this topic

Forum is really cool, what're your guys' opinion on it? I like it better than the Xenforo one, IPS is by far one of my favorite forum softwares. It transferred the old titles from Xenforo, haven't figured out how to change it, maybe I need an Administrator, if you guys know, please share, : )

• Like 1

I like it, But I think they should explain more the use of hash keys on the sign-up page. And also the page to become a supporter does not exist. I really like this forum because it feels simple and refreshing.

• Like 1

New forum is definitely more intuitive and has a nicer appearance. However, it does look awfully a lot like a social media site now... lol

Also this account got deleted very recently, so maybe some newer users got deleted?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluedank420 said:

New forum is definitely more intuitive and has a nicer appearance. However, it does look awfully a lot like a social media site now... lol

Also this account got deleted very recently, so maybe some newer users got deleted?

Chances are they had to do a backup to port members over to the new forum, so any users that were created after the backup probably have to be re-created.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MisterChief53 said:

I like it, But I think they should explain more the use of hash keys on the sign-up page. And also the page to become a supporter does not exist. I really like this forum because it feels simple and refreshing.

I figured the explanation was sufficient. But, the gist is, the hash key is what we use to figure out that it's you and assign bonuses (if any) to your session, be it thrusting you into a supporter reserve slot or identify you as a server admin.

• Like 1

Literally everyone is going to post on this so why not join them We just want that post counter to go up So shit still the same font shit So yeah nice forum saw some nice features such as, it saving a response/reply if you say accidentally click on someones profile Totally didn't do that saved my ass as i wrote a long winded reply to Drake about stuff

17 hours ago, Evan Darksky said:

I figured the explanation was sufficient. But, the gist is, the hash key is what we use to figure out that it's you and assign bonuses (if any) to your session, be it thrusting you into a supporter reserve slot or identify you as a server admin.

Thanks for clarifying things for me.

Edited by MisterChief53