Jakes

Project Reality South Africa

7 posts in this topic

59b66a31ea626_zaprA3.jpg.cc34a3dfdf69bb09c14f72182744e5f9.jpg ?

Hi my name is Jakes, i part of two Milsim groups in South Africa, JRAS and SAEF, and i'd like to purpose a Project Reality South African server. Im willing to admin and run the server , bearing the cost aswell. I believe PR is the perfect platform for milsim groups and im planning on involving all the South African milsim groups to participate on this server as PR leans alot more to Team VS Team for milsim units and serious players than the local KOTH server.

More on myself...me and the admin for another local groups, Airborne Night Stalkers (arma branch of the Band of Brother gaming group), spoke directly yo Inch from the KOTH dev group to get the local SA Koth server up and running. I acted as a mediator and facilitator and was instrumental in making this happen for our local arma 3 gaming scene. The server has since rose in popularity to be ranked as the #137 arma 3 server globally and by far the most popular server in SA and #22 out of the current 49 koth servers globally. Averaging 40-50 player over peak times.
References - South African Servers (Game Tracker)  Koth Global Rankings (Game Tracker)

I wish to do the same for PR in SA.. if this is a real possibility i will get all the mayor Arma 3 groups to back this effort 
JRAS...my unit
SAEF 
Zulu Alpha
Romeo Mike
Airborne night stlakers
These five groups make up the majority of dedicated arma 3 playes in SA.

PR dev's and admin please comment below if you have any questions. 

Edited by Jakes

Hey Jake and team,

This sounds great in part, but as i'm from New Zealand i would find it abit differcult to be part of any team due to my work hours and jumping in on any game that might be arrange, still as a beginner to the Milsim community it would be more advantage to me to find and be apart of a asia pacific(Australia/New Zealand or Anzac) region hosted server.

I will however try my upmost to be part of this community and fit in where possible.

Regards

freedom

Cool Freedom, playing from NZ to SA is not gonna be practical...but good luck that side

Hi Skulker, Slammer asked me to do this post so he can easily keep track of this proposal. What do you think of this, is this something i can pursue cause i'd like to get a conversation going :)

Whats the next step?

Edited by Jakes

On 9/12/2017 at 7:26 AM, Jakes said:

Hi Skulker, Slammer asked me to do this post so he can easily keep track of this proposal. What do you think of this, is this something i can pursue cause i'd like to get a conversation going :)

Whats the next step?

Well, we gotta figure out how we are gonna host a server. If you know how to run an ARMA server I can just throw you the files and let you take it from there, that is assuming you're going to pay for the server. If you can't pay for it I can maybe talk to Blue about getting a server hosted over there, and then I can get you file and admin access after that.

It's up to you really.

57 minutes ago, Skullker said:

Well, we gotta figure out how we are gonna host a server. If you know how to run an ARMA server I can just throw you the files and let you take it from there, that is assuming you're going to pay for the server. If you can't pay for it I can maybe talk to Blue about getting a server hosted over there, and then I can get you file and admin access after that.

It's up to you really.

I've been hosting servers for the last 3 year and have a server that's ready and good to go (currently running KP liberation on Takistan..awesome game mode if the KP edit is added)....so throw those files my way :)