Alex Rodrigues

Operation flashpoint dragon

3 posts in this topic

I personally played this game SOO much I still play it and would love to see the treboot of the game by the modding community if codemaster allow it has anyone else played it and would like to see the games comeback through mods and what's your opinion on limited mod support for games ?

I have played plenty of OFP. Being realistic, the reason modern games are denying mod support is to keep the consumer buying their newest products. I can go on about why, but I think it's fairly self-explanatory. Saying that, just because a game doesn't have mod support, doesn't make it a bad game, but the game isn't as likely to live as long.

Prime example of the relation between mod support and game lifetime would include two games. OFP Dragon Rising, and Arma 2, (both released in 2009). Arma 2 is still played today due to a huge modding community, OFP is essentially dead in the water.

Edited by Ethik

18 minutes ago, Ethik said:

I have played plenty of OFP. Being realistic, the reason modern games are denying mod support is to keep the consumer buying their newest products. I can go on about why, but I think it's fairly self-explanatory. Saying that, just because a game doesn't have mod support, doesn't make it a bad game, but the game isn't as likely to live as long.

Prime example of the relation between mod support and game lifetime would include two games. OFP Dragon Rising, and Arma 2, (both released in 2009). Arma 2 is still played today due to a huge modding community, OFP is essentially dead in the water.

Yes, ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. A similar comparison can be made with Battlefield 2 (PR) and other games released in that time-frame. Mod support extended BF2s (PR) lifespan by 10-ish years, and there is still full PR servers!